James L. "Frank" Kent and family were early pioneers, and the Kent family was the family for whom Kent Prairie was named. Arlington's first schoolhouse was built on Frank Kent's land.
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society and Library (SVGS), serving Snohomish County and the Arlington, Washington area, has grown to include thousands of genealogical and historical books, microfilm and microfiche sets, and Internet access to free genealogy web sites. Our library is a depot for historical information pertaining to north Snohomish County and the Stillaguamish Valley, and its native populations and early settlers. The collection also contains material for all U.S. states and many foreign countries. This information is available to members and visitors free of charge during regular library hours.
SVGS is one of the select few independent genealogy libraries that has the honor of functioning as an Affiliate Library with the world-famous Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Affilate LIbraries are able to provide to records which individuals may not be able to view from home.
Monthly Meetings - Visitors and Potential Members Always Welcome!
Available via Zoom and in-person
- Held on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm, check our events calendar for additional information.
- Hear speakers and watch programs on a wide range of genealogical and historical topics.
- Wheelchair accessible and is easily reachable from I-5 or State Route (Highway) 9.
- Meet members and gather information about the library collection during the break.
Benefits of Membership
- Wi-Fi access available in the SVGS Library.
- Complete access to Members Only pages of our website - exclusive benefit.
- Access to subscription websites - exclusive benefit.
- Participate in field trips to research centers.
- Develop contacts with others who have similar interests.
- Discounted rates for certain genealogical research workshops - exclusive benefit.
- Receive the bi-monthly "Stillaguamish Star" newsletter by e-mail. There is an additional $10 yearly fee to receive the newsletter by regular mail.
Annual membership dues are:
- Individual: $20.00 (plus $10.00 if you want the newsletter to be mailed to you).
- Family: $25.00.
- Professional: $50.00 (up to two individuals).
- Lifetime membership: $150.00 (onetime, per individual, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Family Lifetime membership: $300.00 (onetime, two individuals, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Lifetime Professional: $400.00 (onetime, up to two individuals, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Honorary: N/C.
Become a member:
We're always accepting new members. You can use our Online Join tab here on our website, call us at (360) 435-4838 or attend our monthly meeting and ask any participant to direct you to our Membership committee.
SVGS Resource Quick Links
Donate to the Society
To make a donation you may use the Donation tab on our website or send your tax deductible donation to:
Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 34
Arlington, WA 98223
Our Society Accepts the Following Materials:
- Printed family histories.
- New and used books of genealogical value.
- Microfilm and microfiche.
- Old photographs (which can be scanned and returned to you).
Items can be donated to the society in honor of, or in memory of a loved one.
Call before you stop by our library when donating items in person to verify that someone will be there.
Thank you for your support!
The Society Would Like to Thank:
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society would like to thank our generous supporters:
was made possible in part by assistance from the Snohomish County Heritage Program, for which we are truly grateful.